It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be. (Amazon)
Just a shortlist of my favourite lessons:
- Don’t try to look for the next opportunity. The one in hand is your opportunity. No project is too insignificant, too small. No job is beneath you. -Thanks Randy Pausch for that one.
- It’s wrong to be right.
- It’s not what you know. It’s who you know. People matter, a lot. It pays not to be a prick! Take sensible risks on the job and the smartest people will love you for it.
- Don’t give a speech. Put on a show.
- If you get stuck, draw with a different pen.
- Do not try to win awards. I forget this one a lot.
- Present on a Tuesday. Hahaha, this lesson had a cute metaphor. Read it for yourself.
This one is a quick read, I started and finished it today mostly on a train ride up and down to the city. ~2 hours total.
I really missed physical books. Nothing like how ink and paper smells. Though I try not to snuff my books in public because of the weird looks.