A week ago, I had Cintiq lust and then Cintiq price bust. A hobbyist seriously cannot even.
However, this time I discovered a cost friendly alternative – the Yiynova.
Granted I’ve only been playing with it for one night, but so far:
- Like many reviews mention, there is a huge distance between the digital cursor and the physical pen nib.
- What bugs me the most personally is that the nib only comes in shiny plastic. I am really fond of the felty nib Wacom has.
- However this has still been worthwhile considering purchasing it refurbished meant it cost less than a 16GB iPad. But again, I’ve only had this for a day.
OK, this aside, Wonder Woman!
Not gonna lie, I do miss drawing manga-style sometimes.
My thought process went something like this…
- Man, this fanart sucks. I could do better.
- Bust open Photoshop.
- Anatomy, what.
- 2 hours later… No, I’m really rusty and can’t do better (for now!)
Something about inhabiting the room which I spent my teenage years prompts me to draw manga style like old times.
Kind of based off of Akali @ League of Legends
Day 02 — Your favorite movie
Instead of reposting posters, decided to doodle something!
I just saw Toy Story 3 this past Sunday. That being said, Pixar movies are SOLID. Toy Story 3 is my favorite movie of the moment. (See, 5 stars.)
Other long time favorite movies include Totoro and Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo.