Stained Glass Ghibli is my namesake fanart at its height. At the tippy tip of that point are Totoro, Mei, Satsuki, and Catbus. Too excited to wait to get home and take proper photographs, so here are the Instagrams serving as a preview, :)
Previously in this series: Sheeta, Laputa: Castle in the Sky
I enjoyed Shovel Knight!
I thought I’d have to grow up and give up games to succeed as an adult… NOPE. Don’t give up the things you love! What I would go back in time 6 years ago and shake myself out of such a silly thought.
Edit: Squeee, Yacht Club Games shared the piece.
Obtained a set of metallic watercolors. Colored an old Kiki sketch with them. Pleased with the mixed results… Though a bit of me likes the minimal version as well. Too bad with physical mediums, you can’t just hide the layer and output two pieces!
A week ago, I had Cintiq lust and then Cintiq price bust. A hobbyist seriously cannot even.
However, this time I discovered a cost friendly alternative – the Yiynova.
Granted I’ve only been playing with it for one night, but so far:
- Like many reviews mention, there is a huge distance between the digital cursor and the physical pen nib.
- What bugs me the most personally is that the nib only comes in shiny plastic. I am really fond of the felty nib Wacom has.
- However this has still been worthwhile considering purchasing it refurbished meant it cost less than a 16GB iPad. But again, I’ve only had this for a day.
OK, this aside, Wonder Woman!
Not gonna lie, I do miss drawing manga-style sometimes.
My thought process went something like this…
- Man, this fanart sucks. I could do better.
- Bust open Photoshop.
- Anatomy, what.
- 2 hours later… No, I’m really rusty and can’t do better (for now!)
Something about inhabiting the room which I spent my teenage years prompts me to draw manga style like old times.
Kind of based off of Akali @ League of Legends
Day 02 — Your favorite movie
Instead of reposting posters, decided to doodle something!
I just saw Toy Story 3 this past Sunday. That being said, Pixar movies are SOLID. Toy Story 3 is my favorite movie of the moment. (See, 5 stars.)
Other long time favorite movies include Totoro and Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo.